Sunday 28 August 2011

The day we went to Brighton

Hello All,
How are we?
Me? Well I am shattered!!! As I mentioned in my previous post, Mr Rob & I decided to celebrate our 7th Anniversary by taking a trip to Brighton for the day yesterday.


Our train was scheduled to leave Victoria at 8.36 am so I got up at 5.30 am, which actually is a little later than what time I get up for work, I got ready while Mr Rob Snoozed until I jumped on him at 6.15. Shouting HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! :) hehehe


Although I am used to early starts a large coffee is always needed, so we made our way to the station, picked up breakfast, coffee and reading materials then we were on our way.


The train ride was super fast and we were in Brighton by 9.30 am, as we made our way down to the seafront we stumbled upon a little market where I picked up the sweetest patch & two broaches for £1 each!!
There will be a post which follows using these, but for now I shall keep it as a secret :)


There were so many beautiful shops full of trinkets and souvenirs, I got a few cute post cards with old adverts on them to add to my collection. I also went into Cath Kidston, there were so many things I wanted to buy but as I already have many items I didn't want to look like a walking advertisement :)

We went on to the beach and Mr Rob took some amazing pictures while I laid in the sun. We were so lucky, we had amazing weather there was only one short shower and it was warm all day.


We then made our way down to the pier, because you can't go to Brighton and not go to the peer right. It was beautifully tacky and full of some awesome but expensive fair ground rides!
There were loads of places to eat but we decided to make our way back in to land where we had ... you guessed it, Fish & Chips in a lovely pub which over looked the sea.


The day was just the best way to spend our 7th Anniversary. I can't believe next year will be the last Anniversary we will spend as a unmarried couple. I think we will still celebrate it because even when we reach our 10th Wedding Anniversary we will have been together 18 years.


I did have to swap to my boots instead of my new work shoes and I am glad I did because the amount of walking we did would not have been fun in new shoes.


Well I hope you have all had a wonderful weekend so far, I am so glad it is a bank holiday tomorrow just so I can rest before going back to work.

Ciao for now.

Love
Katrina x

1 comment:

  1. Aw, you guys are too cute! I loveee your outfit! Brighten seems lovely! When I think of Brighton, I think of Lydia in Pride and Prejudice when she says, "I want to go to Brighton!" #Austennerd

    ReplyDelete