How are we?
As I am easing my way back into blogging I thought I would start with my curly hair routine.
I have naturally very curly hair however in 2001 I found GHDs and wore my hair straight 99.9% of the time. Don't get me wrong I've always loved my curls it's just firstly straight hair was easier to manage and secondly I had quite a heavy fringe for a few years which had to be straight, otherwise I would look like I have a birds nest on my forehead.
Anyway since I got pregnant and even after I had Mr Squidgy Pants I found my hair isn't staying straight as well as it used to. I think the curls have had enough and are fighting back. So for now I am embracing them and here's how:
Tools - Body shop Rainforest Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner, Boots Extra firm hold mousse, old t Shirt, Bounce Curl, a hairdryer with diffuser and a wide tooth comb.
1. I wash my hair with the shampoo and use my fingers to detangled it before rinsing.
2. I add conditioner and leave it in for 2/3mins. Then I use the wide tooth comb to remove any final tangles. I then rinse it but I don't completely rinse out all the conditioner.
3. I then squeeze any excess water out and add the mousse. At this point my hair is sopping wet.
4. I wrap it in the t Shirt and leave it for about 15 mins, usually when I am putting make up on.
5. I then separate it into four sections and add Bounce Curl to each section before drying each individual section with the diffuser while scrunching it. Once each section is 80% dry I unsection it, add a little more Bounce curl before drying it again all together.
6. Finally I use the wide tooth comb to tease the roots as they get a little flat with the weight of my hair.
And that's it I'm done.
To keep my curls in tack I always sleep with my hair piled on the top of my head like a pineapple and in the cooler months with a satin pillow case. I've tried to use a satin pillow case in the summer months but I just get too hot!
Well there you have it, I hope you enjoyed this little blog.
See you soon.
Ciao for now.
Love Mrs Berto xx
**This is not a sponsored post, these products are just what work for me.**